Google Price Guarantee Terms
The following terms and conditions (the “ Terms ”) apply to the Google Price Guarantee program (“ Price Guarantee ”) in addition to the Google Flight Search Booking Terms of Service and Google’s Terms of Service . Price Guarantee is made available by Google LLC and is only available to users based in the U.S.
1. Eligibility. To be eligible for Price Guarantee, the following requirements apply:
- Itineraries must be marked in Google Flight Search and on the purchase page with the “Google Price Guarantee” badge and tickets must be purchased through the “Book on Google” feature in Google Flight Search.
- Price Guarantee is only available for one-way and round-trip tickets for itineraries departing and returning within the Price Guarantee Window. Unless otherwise notified by Google, the “ Price Guarantee Window ” is August 12, 2019 through November 24, 2019. Multi-city itineraries, and itineraries that are not completed within the Price Guarantee Window, are not eligible.
- The Price Guarantee price must be the price that the individual booking an eligible itinerary (“ you ”) actually pay when your booking is completed through Book on Google, as confirmed by the booking partner.
- You, and any other individuals for whom you booked an eligible itinerary, must complete travel for the entire itinerary, as confirmed by Google.
- You are limited to a maximum of four people per eligible itinerary per booking (i.e., four tickets for the same itinerary purchased in the same transaction). Price Guarantee is not available for bookings beyond this limit.
- You are limited to a maximum of three Price Guarantee bookings. Once you have booked three eligible itineraries, and regardless of whether you received a Price Guarantee payout for any of those itineraries, you are no longer eligible for Price Guarantee.
Subject to the requirements in this Section 2 (Payouts), if you purchase an eligible itinerary through Book on Google at the Price Guarantee price and the Book on Google price for the same itinerary on the same booking partner later drops below your purchase price, then you will be eligible for a payout equal to the difference between your purchase price and the lowest Book on Google price available within the Price Guarantee Window for the same itinerary, as measured by Google.
In order to receive a payout, you must submit a payout request to Google. You may also be required to provide additional information to Google for purposes of determining payout eligibility and facilitating your payout, including information regarding the bank account to which your payout will be issued. Unless otherwise notified by Google, in order to receive a payout you must submit a payout request and provide the requested payout information to Google within 90 days of the Price Guarantee Window. Payouts will be issued only after you, or the individuals for whom you booked an eligible itinerary, complete travel for the eligible itinerary.
All payouts will be issued in U.S. dollars.
Unless otherwise notified by Google, you are limited to one payout per eligible itinerary and a maximum payout amount of $500 in the aggregate across all eligible itineraries and for the duration of the Price Guarantee program.
The price difference calculated by Google must be $5 or more. If the price difference is less than $5, you are not entitled to a payout.
Price difference is calculated by Google in its discretion based on the following criteria:
- Calculations are based on the original price you paid for an eligible itinerary through Book on Google, consisting of the base fare, taxes, and mandatory airport and airline fees. Ancillary fees (for example, priority boarding, baggage, and seat selection fees) and change fees are excluded.
- Prices are measured between the purchase date and the departure date of your eligible itinerary.
- Only Book on Google prices for the same itinerary available through the same booking partner are considered; lower prices on non-Book on Google itineraries or Book on Google itineraries available through a different booking partner will not be taken into account.
- All components of the lower-priced itinerary must match the eligible itinerary that you purchased, including airline, flight number, dates, number of passengers, fare and cabin class, and cancellation policy.
- If more than one lower-priced, matching itineraries are available on Book on Google through the same booking partner within the relevant timeframe, only the lowest price itinerary will be considered.
3. Additional Terms.
Price Guarantee has no cash value.
Google may make changes to, suspend, or stop providing the Price Guarantee service, and make changes to these Terms, and as set forth in Google’s Terms of Service .
The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these Terms or Price Guarantee. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms or Price Guarantee will be litigated exclusively in the federal or state courts of Santa Clara County, California, USA, and you and Google consent to personal jurisdiction in those courts.